Shortcuts

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snack Wrap

After getting gas bills for over $100 two months in a row, I've turned the heat down in my house. Not a lot. But instead of being a toasty 72, it's now a chilly 68. And while one wouldn't think this would make such a big difference... Well, it does! So I've been wearing a jacket and sweat pants and knee socks just to stay warm. And somehow my son still manages to run about in his undies--I don't get it. In addition to additional clothing, I've also upped my calorie intake. Not on purpose. But because I'm constantly hungry. Something to do with my body using more energy trying to stay warm or some such.

So last night I decided to have a snack, but I didn't want the usual cheetos or potato chips. So my options were:

Make some tomato soup (but I have no crackers!)
Cook up a stirfry
Bake some cookies
Eat a too-sweet orange
Make a sammich




I went with make a sammich, because I love me some sammiches! Except I didn't feel like fussing with the bread, so I pulled out a fajita sized tortilla shell instead. Spread on some Miracle Whip; threw on some ham; gently placed some lettuce; topped it off with some sharp cheddar. Then I rolled it all up and voila! A wrap. Actually, my first wrap. (Unless you're counting all the Mexican sammich wraps I make, but normally people just call those burritos or some such.)

No comments:

Post a Comment