Shortcuts

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dreaming of summer



With 6-24 inches of snow on the ground, I've been dreaming of summer. And with dreams of summer come dreams of BBQ!! Last summer I bought my first charcoal grill (my family always used propane, so charcoal was an entirely new concept and was kinda scary!), and I ended up BBQing several times a week. I'm thinking the first day it gets up into the mid-high 40's or warmer, I'll be pulling my little grill out of storage and firing it up! But not before I set the meat to marinating. (I'm drooling just thinking of it, not kidding.)

Meat marinade
(goes well with chicken or steak)

In a large ziplock bag (or glass bowl) combine

1/4 cup soy sauce
3T honey
2T white vinegar
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
3/4 cup vegetable oil

Add your meat, seal the bag, then squish it about to make sure everything is covered. (Or, if using a bowl, swish the meat around in the marinade, then cover with lid/plastic wrap.) Marinate for around 4 hours.

Just gonna say... I usually forget to marinate the meat, or I'll be at school/work all day, get home, and decide I want to grill. So, it also works if you only have 30 minutes to an hour to marinate.

And now that you're thinking of summer... Here's what we're actually dealing with!!

No comments:

Post a Comment