Shortcuts

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Celebrate the Snow!

Yesterday and last night we had a blizzard. It was... Nothing much. Sure it was lots of snow, which meant I had to spend an hour digging my car out today, and lots of wind and all of that.

And with all that extra snow just laying around, I thought Camden and I would do something with it... Make ice cream!! I hadn't done this since I was a kid, and it was lots of fun.



Get your snow! About 4 or 5 cups, unpacked. Scoop it up now then store it in your freezer until it's time to add to the mix.




One cup milk! Real milk or fake milk, it seems to work just fine.




1/2 teaspoon vanilla




1/2 cup sugar




Stir until the sugar has dissolved into the milk




Add snow to the milk/sugar/vanilla.




Stir! Quick, before it all melts!




We added some chocolate to ours, about 1.4 cup Hershey's chocolate syrup. It looks like malt-o-meal and has an odd texture... But it's still yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment