Shortcuts

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

BBQ Chicken Sandwiches

Okay, so this recipe is pretty straight forward. Take some cooked chicken and coat it in BBQ sauce. I used chicken breast, but it could be chicken from a rotisserie chicken, drumsticks, thighs, or whatever your preference/available chicken parts is. For BBQ sauce, I used KC Masterpiece, but again, feel free to use whatever you have/like. (Or super brave/not-quite-so-lazy-as-me people can make their OWN BBQ sauce. Ingenious!)



For the buns, I used wheat rolls from the Wal-Mart bakery. I was going to just buy some regular wheat hamburger buns, but everything I found had HFC in it. And while I'm not super-duper-anti-HFC (I mean, hell, I'm addicted to Mtn Dew and HFC is the second ingredient listed) but it's something that I might, in the future, look to avoid in foods. So I figure I'll start keeping track now. Anyway, the rolls worked just like tiny buns, which made these sammiches a lot of fun to eat. Served with seasoned fries and cooked carrots (nom!).

No comments:

Post a Comment